We have been out of the UPC (United Pentecostal Church) for several weeks (almost months) now. I have read an abundance of books, posts, other materials as well as the Bible. My son bought me a new Thompson Chain Bible for my birthday in November. I am trying to figure out the best way to use it. 🙂
The more I read, the more error I see in the UPC organization/doctrine/ministry. . .
I am realizing finding the answers I need will not be an easy task.
This I know:
- God loves me of this I am absolutely certain.
- If I am saved as in salvation, it will only be by faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement on the cross, not by anything I have done or could possibly do.
- Most of the UPC salvational works and especially ‘standards’ cannot be supported by scripture.
- There is a great deal of intentional and unintentional spiritual abuse and scamming in the UPC and other groups proclaiming to have the ‘truth’.
- Giving to a church or pastor (especially a pastor) is most often not the same thing as giving to God.
Well, the past few weeks and months have not been wasted. I am on a journey. My understanding and relationship with God is growing stronger as I realize it should be built on love and trust rather than fear. I am immensely thankful for God, his Word, the wonderful people He has put in my life and the love I feel more strongly each day.